To accurately check patients in and out by verifying insurance, collecting payments, and maintaining patient records and accounts. Maintain patient flow. Provide positive patient relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the clinic for opening each day by reviewing the facility, opening all systems applications, and preparing new patient registration packets and required documents
- Greet patients, provide patients initial paperwork, and obtain copies of insurance and identification cards.
- Register patients, update patient records, and verify insurance accurately and timely
- Follow company procedures related to workers’ compensation and occupational medicine patients
- Determine, collect and process patient payments and address collection and billing issues
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge procedures
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer service, assist patients with follow-up appointments, and fulfill medical documentation requests
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards) against system reports
- Complete closing procedures by preparing closing documentation and submitting required reports
- Prepare, sign, and drop the deposit in the safe on a nightly basis
- Complete cash control procedures and secure financial assets
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Maintain office supplies
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned